Sunday, March 16, 2014

When I found him.

It occurs to me to get this recollection down while details remain mostly solid in my mind.

It was early morning at the time and I was out of bed and uncharacteristically awake for such an early rise. While I was readying for my day, unnaturally colored light came in through my bedroom window. I will not pretend that my first concern was not for my privacy, however when I covered up and looked out of the window, he was lying in the grass behind my home. I could not focus on him properly at first. I opened the window to try to speak to him, scare him off, threaten to call the authorities.

That was when I heard, faintly, voices, hundreds of them, as if a group of people were standing beside him, whispering. Strange music that I have never heard before, just as faintly, seemed to hang in the air. It passed very quickly and as it did I could see him more clearly. I dressed quickly and hurried out onto the frosted lawn, across it and into the field behind my home, barefoot because I was not thinking clearly. I heard no voices, no music and he was not moving. For a moment I think he may not have been breathing, but the moment I laid a hand upon him to check for a pulse, he gasped.


There is little to say about what followed. I managed to get him inside and I waited for him to wake up. I chose not to go to work... and I have not since. He slept for a very long time and woke up unsure of who he was and unreasonably hungry.  I suppose he is, sad to say, exceptionally small for his height, which is about three inches taller than I am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment